What is a Forex VPS?
A VPS operates as a virtual machine offering reliable and fast execution, and unstoppable operation 24x7x365 when applying automated-trading strategies. VPS hosting offers a combination of hardware and software that can be accessed remotely by any other computer via the internet.
Who should use a Forex VPS Service?
(1) Traders implementing automated strategies (Expert Advisors or else Forex Robots)
(2) Those using a copy-trading subscription service (via MT4, MT5, etc.)
(3) Those who travel a lot and need to control remotely complicated trading processes
Why Traders Use a Forex VPS?
There are many good reasons for using a Forex VPS
- Allows the use of Expert Advisors on a 24/7 basis
- Allows the unstoppable use of copy trading subscription services
- Helps traders to trade faster (Network latency -given the VPS is located closer to Forex broker’s servers)
- Protects the trading process against any hardware failures
- Allows remote control which is essential for traders who travel a lot
- Increases safety and provides scheduled backups
Key Questions/Points to Consider When Selecting a VPS Hosting
- What do you get in terms of hardware? (CPU, Hard Disk, Memory)
- Where is the location of the VPS -Is it close to your broker's servers? (Very important for minimizing latency)
- What is the Uptime of the VPS? (Good is 99% uptime)
- Is the VPS Compatible to your Trading Platform and your Expert Advisor?
- Can you scale in the Future? (Add more resources)
◙ What is a Forex VPS?